2-month-old Lobster Bar Sea Grille packs a crowd in Las Olas...
The dining room features soft white herringbone subway tiled walls and arched ceilings, reminiscent of the famous Oyster Bar in New York City's Grand Central Station. Warm custom lighting creates an intimate and inviting ambience. Just off the main dining room is a Honduran mahogany paneled private dining room that can accommodate up to 40 guests.
The vibrant spacious lounge has a U-shaped communal bar with a white Carara marble top and three exquisite led crystal chandeliers, custom-made to resemble light house lenses. The lounge offers guest more relaxed dining, with comfortable banquettes and Pullman booths. Channel-backed seating surrounds the bar with the plush comfort of a luxury yacht. Clusters of comfortable club and settee sofas are located near the bar for cocktails before or after dinner, making it the perfect place to meet friends or business associates. Adjacent to the lounge is a fully covered outdoor patio with cushioned furniture, ideal for cocktails and light dining.
At the entrance to the dining room, an ice display showcases each day’s catch. Buckhead Life’s dedicated staff is committed, through extensive travel and research, to procure through direct relationships with some of the most reliable and reputable fishing contacts in the United States and Europe. As a result of these direct relationships, Buckhead Life has eliminated the need for the local, middle-man suppliers providing Lobster Bar Sea Grille with the unique ability to air freight, transport and serve the most pristine fish available.
The menu offers four signature categories:
· The “Whole Fish Experience” featuring whole European and local fish. Expertly prepared in the Mediterranean technique of grilling and basting, the fish is served filleted by our chefs for the guest's enjoyment.
· The live “Lobster Experience” featuring superior Canadian hard shell lobsters from the deep, icy waters of Nova Scotia - considered to be the Rolls Royce of Lobsters. These succulent lobsters are offered with a variety of basted butter flavors. For the purest, live lobsters up to 4 pounds, are offered steamed to 145 degrees, fully cracked and served with traditional drawn butter and lemon.
· A full line of USDA Prime signature steaks from Chops Lobster Bar hand selected and custom aged by Allen Brothers of Chicago and Halpern's Black Diamond Prime. Legendary at both the Chops Lobster Bar in Atlanta and Boca Raton, these steaks are a hallmark for the company.
· Seafood Specialties which are smaller composed entrees that round out the menu.
· An array of appetizers starts the menu and includes a variety shellfish on ice, crudo of prisitine fish, sashimi, ceviche, tiradito and tartares, as well as buttery house-cured salmon and other appetizer specialties.
Buckhead Life, known for creating opportunities for its dedicated staff, announced that George Mollas, a veteran of the company since 2006, has been chosen as the General Manager for the new restaurant. Mollas served as Assistant General Manager of Chops Lobster Bar and General Manager of City Fish Market, both in Boca Raton. “We are proud to have George at the helm of the new Lobster Bar Sea Grille,” said Karatassos. “In addition to George, we are proud of the team of Buckhead Lifer's who make up the staff including, Assistant General Manager, Ramien Balouch, and Assistant Managers Jackie Yeaple and James Montelone.”
The culinary team will be headed up by Executive Chef Eric Baker, who returns to the company having worked in some of the most prestigious restaurants in Europe and Cafe Boloud in Palm Beach. Chef Eric was Chef de Cuisine of Buckhead Life's popular Chops Lobster Bar in Boca Raton and he too is surrounded with talented chef assistants, Laura Culbreth and Burch Godwin both Buckhead Lifer's from Atlanta, and Chef Gady Barrios, who has worked as Sous Chef with Chef Eric for several years.
Buckhead Life owns and operates two highly successful restaurants in Boca Raton: Chops Lobster Bar and the City Fish Market and 10 nationally acclaimed restaurants in Atlanta. The Fort Lauderdale Lobster Bar Sea Grille will be Buckhead Life's third major restaurant in South Florida. The design of the restaurant was created by award-winning Johnson Studios and Oliver Carter & Associates, both based in Atlanta.